Divorce Law Melbourne is the place to start searching for legal aid and information on how to proceed with your own divorce. There are various areas of expertise that can be explored through the use of family lawyers. Lawyers offer their services in personal injury, property division, child custody/visitation, alimony, and much more. In short, family lawyers are experts in family-related issues and have specialized training and experience in these matters. They are ready to provide you with all the information and guidance that you will need throughout this complicated process.
These specialized legal practitioners can help you with everything from dealing with property division to the issues of child support, asset partitioning and other financial issues that may arise during and after a divorce. They will even help you with the preparation of all the paperwork that needs to be filed for your divorce. Some of the services that are commonly offered by family lawyers include:
* Estate Planning and Custody – It is highly recommended that you get the advice of a family lawyer while drafting your Will. By hiring a professional, you will be able to prepare your final estate plan which will protect your assets during your divorce. This will also give you a clear idea of what should happen to your kids after the divorce is finalized. A good attorney will help you decide on who will get custody of the children and what will be done with the house and assets during the divorce.
* Child Support – It is important that you have a qualified family law lawyer represent you when you are involved in a divorce case. They will determine the amount of child support that you will receive. This is based on the income information that you will provide them with while filling out your application. It is always in your best interest to seek the advice of an experienced attorney when determining the amount of child support that you will be required to pay. Family lawyers are also familiar with the laws of your state. This ensures that they can apply the right procedures to your case when it comes to determining the payment schedule of your obligation to your children.
* Other Legal Issues – It is very important that you hire reliable family lawyers in order to have the necessary information at hand when dealing with other legal issues such as wills, property settlements and so on. You may also find that these attorneys are helpful when it comes to restraining orders, asset forfeiture, so forth. They can give you sound legal advice about these various issues. The family lawyer will help you decide whether the course of action you are planning to take will be in your best interest when weighed against the requirements of the law. Your Melbourne Divorce Lawyer will also advise you as to how to handle any financial matters such as debt or retirement accounts that either of you may be jointly entitled to. This type of legal advice is something that can be invaluable during a divorce settlement.
* Child Custody – Your attorney will also advise you about how to proceed when it comes to deciding about the custody of your children. This includes determining what type of visitation rights you will be granted by the court, and if you are eligible for shared physical custody or sole custody. If you are not sure as to whether or not you are eligible for one of these options, your family law attorney will make this information available to you. This is one of the most important issues that need to be considered carefully when it comes to deciding about the distribution of child custody after the dissolution. Your attorney will work with you to ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the entire process.
* Important Financial Matters – Another issue that you should consider is the division of money that is owed to you or that your spouse may owe you. In both cases, family lawyers in Melbourne will work with you to ensure that the best possible agreement is made to ensure that all debts are paid off. This is always a better option than the alternative of having to go through a lengthy litigation process. Your family lawyer in Melbourne can assist you in discussing various financial scenarios that you may face after the dissolution. This includes considering how you will pay for college education for your children or if you will have to provide for childcare while your spouse goes back to work. Your family lawyers in Melbourne will do all they can to help you make the best financial decisions possible.
* Handling Divorce Mediation – Finally, another issue that you should consider when you are thinking about hiring reliable family lawyers in Melbourne is how to handle the process of divorce mediation. Family lawyers in Melbourne can work with you on the specifics of how to get the process started. They will assist you with handling the initial meeting that takes place between you and your spouse. This is an important step, and you will want to hire a lawyer who is very experienced in handling these types of cases. A good mediator will be someone who is unbiased, someone who can keep a cool head, and someone who is capable of helping you overcome some of the objections that you may have about participating in a mediation process.